Okay first things first; does it whiten your teeth? -yes! It does.
It’s something you have to do every day, NO slacking, oh and it’s best to do it in the morning. This is along side brushing your teeth, you CANT SWALLOW IT WHATEVER YOU DO!
I decided to make a simple pros and cons list as when I was thinking about doing it there wasn’t anything to help me to know if it’s safe if it works and if there are any dramatic differences.
Oil pulling, also known as “kavala” or “gundusha,” is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health ~Google
- It really works.
- They get brighter too
- Other people notice a difference
- Healthier gums
- stronger teeth
- Helps with sleep ~somehow
- It takes a little over a week to see any results.
- It leaves an awful taste and feel in your mouth.
- To get the best results use salt water afterwards. -/however this helps get the taste out your mouth\-
- I couldn’t bring myself to put it in my mouth some days.
- The taste doesn’t get any better.
- It hurts your cheeks after 20 mins which is a long time to be swishing oil round your mouth.
So there are more cons than pros but that’s life!
Personally I tried it because I felt my teeth didn’t look that good in photos at parties and events and I wanted a whiter smile without damaging the teeth (baking soda method) or doing something slightly dangerous. So I had exactly a week before a party and decided I will try it!
Let me know if you find any more pros or cons, if you have tried it and/or are you going to try it!
Myah Rebecca 🙂